8/27/2006

Toward the Light 光の方へ

[Photo: A big shell on a kitchen counter. When the sun was setting,
it was shining through the shell. I thought it was beautiful.]

How are you doing, my friend? I hope you are doing well physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Me? I am doing fine spiritually, but not so good physically and emotionally.
It's mainly due to my period (started today) and side effect from taking the antibiotics. I am having a headache and cramps from my period. Additionally, I feel nauseous about an hour later I take an antibiotic pill, and it lasts for about two hours... I take it three times a day after each meal, so by the time I start to feel better, I have to eat and take the next one. Consequently, I feel nauseous most of the day...

My right foot was swollen badly last night. It's been already a week since my foot was infected, and I don't have a good confidence that it is healing well. I am planning to see a doctor again tomorrow just in case. I am not supposed to intake any sugar right now because it feed the infection. I usually do not eat a lot of sugar, so it is not hard for me to avoid it, but I did not know that sugar is almost everywhere... It is sad that I even cannot eat fruits, though. And, pain was the strongest yesterday. Each time I put my foot down, a sharp pain ran through! It was not fun.

Yesterday, Loren's close relative passed away. We have known that the end of her life was approaching since it was notified by a medical doctor about a year ago, but it was still sad when I heard from Loren that it finally took a place yesterday. I only met her once when I went to Milwaukee with Loren in July, and I am not her family, but even I was sad. I can imagine how sad it is for her family. This weekend, I had a weekend UH (University of Hawaii) course, so I was at a school. Loren called me to tell me that she passed away. He also told me that he was going to leave last night to visit his family in Milwaukee. I went home and gave him a ride to the airport.

We thought about canceling the trip to Washington all together, but we already purchased air tickets and concert tickets. We tried to sell them, but it was difficult since it was last minute. We could not extend our trip either because I will have the state massage licensing exam on 9/5. We decided to go anyway even for four days. We are going to meet at Seattle airport on Wednesday morning. We really need a break!!!

Life is full of "happenings." We would not last long if we react to each of them. Like when you drive through a tunnel, you don't see right in front of you but look at where you are going - where the light is - we got to have faith and just move on step by step, and things automatically get better. Of course, we cannot forget to live in "now" while you are looking for the light.

--------------------------(Japanese)---------------------------
皆さん、お元気ですか?身、心、精神共にお元気なことを願っています。

私ですか?私は精神的には元気なんですけど、身と心があまり・・・。原因は今日始まった生理と今飲んでいる抗菌剤の副作用だと思います。頭痛と生理痛と情緒不安定は生理から。それから抗菌剤を飲むと決まって一時間後くらいに吐き気をもよおします。それが二時間続きます。一日に三回薬を飲むように言われているので、毎度の食事の後に飲むわけですが、気分が良くなって来た頃に次の薬を飲まなくてはいけないので、結局一日中吐き気くんと一緒なわけです。

私の右足は昨晩大分腫れてました。(今までで一番腫れてたと思う。)もう怪我してから一週間経つのに、まだ治っていっているという確信がいまいちない私。明日念のためにもう一度病院に行く予定。砂糖がインフェクション(化膿している)原因のばい菌を喜ばせるらしく、取ってはいけないと聞いていたので、今は砂糖無しの食生活。普段から砂糖はあまり食べないので(家の台所にも砂糖が調味料として無い)難しくはないのだけど、砂糖がほとんどの食べ物に入っていることに改めて驚き。大好きな果物を食べれないのが悲しいけどね。痛みも昨日が一番ひどかった。足を地面に付けるために、強い痛みが走りました。勿論、楽しくはなかったです・・・。

昨日、ローレンの親戚の方が亡くなられました。彼女の人生が終幕に近づいていることは一年前にお医者さんから知らされていて、皆知っていたので一応気持ちの上での準備はしてきたつもりだけれども、やはりそれがとうとう起こったと連絡をもらった時には、赤の他人の私でさえ、ローレンとミルワーキーに7月に行ったときに、一度しか会ったことのない私でさえ悲しかったのですから、当のご家族の方たちは、もっと悲しいはずです。今週はハワイ大学の週末授業があったので学校にいたときにローレンから連絡が来て、昨晩の便でミルワーキーの実家の方に帰るというので、学校を少しだけ早く早退して(気分も良くなかったし)家に帰り、彼を空港まで送っていきました。車の中で大事な用件を伝え合う「カップル会議」。

日曜日の夜から行く予定だったワシントンへの旅行はキャンセルしようかと考えたのですが、既に航空券や、コンサートのチケットを購入しており、オンライン上で売れるか試してみたのですが、あまりにも間際なので売れそうになく、お金を無駄にもしたくなかったので、4日だけでも行くことにしました。ローレンと水曜日にシアトル空港で待ち合わせです。旅の日程を伸ばしたらいいじゃないかと、思われるかと思いますが、私のハワイ州のマッサージ試験が9月5日にあるので無理なのです。(学校もあるし。)でも、私たち本当に「お休み」が必要!!だから4日でも行く!って感じなのです。

人生ってほんとに色々なハプニングの連続。一つ一つに反応してたら身が持たないですよね。トンネルの中を運転しているときに自分の車のすぐ目の前を見ながら運転しないで、自分が何処に進んでいっているのか、トンネルが終わるところの光を目指して行くのと同じで、目の前のことにとらわれずに、全ては大丈夫になるって信じて一歩ずつやるしかないよね。そうしてたら、大抵のことは自然と解決してくし。勿論「光」を探しすぎて、今に生きることを忘れないようにしながらね。

(写真:台所のカウンターの上に乗ってた貝に、夕日が差しているところ。きれいだなと思ったので。)

No comments: